<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://kayscaramelizedconfessions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kay's House of Treats: Hot & Spicy Zinger-Like Chicken

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hot & Spicy Zinger-Like Chicken



My cousin had been staying at my place for a few days, and she was having these random cravings for something different; something fried and definitely not Desi so I decided to make this fried chicken which I had bookmarked for a while but hadn't gotten a chance to make yet. I served it with fries and garlic mayo sauce and with garlic sesame noodles. I know the garlic sesame noodles sound a bit of a strange combination with the fried chicken but that is what the siblings wanted and so that is what I made. 

It's supposed to be a Zinger type chicken, and while it didn't turn out exactly the same, probably because I didn't use chicken with skin, but it was still so good. The chicken was moist and delicious; the batter on the outside was crispy and because it was seasoned as well, it had so much flavor. The garlic mayo sauce on the side provided a great tangy dipping sauce the fried chicken.

Hot and Spicy chicken 

Recipe Courtesy: Shireen Anwar on Lively Weekends at Masala Tv

Ingredients

Chicken 1 kg with skin cut into 8 pieces
Salt 1 tsp
Black pepper 1 tsp
Ketchup 1 tbsp
Chili sauce 2 tbsp
Garlic 1 tsp
Meat tenderizer 1 tsp (I
f you don’t have tenderizer, marinate chicken for longer)
Self raising flour 2 cups
Substitution = 1 cup Self raising flour = 1 cup flour + 1.5 tsp baking powder + ¼ tsp salt

Ingredients for batter
Self raising flour 1 cup
Corn flour 2 tbsp heaped
Baking powder ½ tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Paprika ½ tsp heaped (As an alternative, chili powder can be used)
White pepper ½ tsp
Chili sauce 1 tbsp
Milk as required to make batter

Method
Marinate chicken pieces with salt, pepper, ketchup, chili sauce, and garlic and meat tenderizer for 1 hour, Make batter with all the given ingredients under batter heading; Dip chicken pieces in batter, roll in dry self raising flour to coat well then add in ice-cold water, then in self raising flour again; deep fry for about 20 minutes, serve with fries.


Garlic Mayo Sauce
Take 1/4 cup of mayo, add 2 tsp of freshly minced garlic paste and 1/4 tsp of salt. Taste and adjust garlic paste accordingly. 




Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM , Anonymous mariam said...

OMG! This looks YUMMY, I've been craving KFC style chicken for ages and sadly no halal chicken like this is available where i live :( but thanks for posting this recipe, im so gonna try this

 
At November 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Ambreen said...

It's great how I can access this recipe any time I want. Wanted my Mom to make fried chicken for me tomorrow, now I dont have to hunt all over for a good recipe :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home