<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://kayscaramelizedconfessions.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kay's House of Treats: Coconut Custard Cake

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Coconut Custard Cake

Again, I know, it's been a while but sporadic posting seems to be a habit of mine which is mostly dependant if I actually had time to take pictures of the food I made; and not just random pictures, but like good pictures.


As is obvious from the message on the cake, I made this for a close friend to celebrate her wedding; Again following my trend of wanting to do something yet not chocolate, this is what I decided to make. The cake has sugar, egg yolks (a total of 12 egg yolks), milk and coconut all mixed up together and poured into a glass dish and baked in a water bath.The coconut in this cake "magically" becomes this really delicious bottom crust, providing a wonderful contrast to the custard on top.

Next time I bake this, I will make it in individual ramekins to be served with whipped cream on the side. An additional side benefit to the cake is that it left me with a total of 12 egg whites, which is the exact number needed to make an Angel Food Cake, which I will be sharing in the next post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home