<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://kayscaramelizedconfessions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kay's House of Treats: So What if Cinnabon isn't in Karachi? ..

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So What if Cinnabon isn't in Karachi? ..


I absolutely love love Cinnamon Rolls.. I remember the first time I had them and surprisingly enough I had them at Dunkin Donuts and not at Cinnabon.  A friend had ordered them and I can still remember the most amazing cinnamon smell; I tasted one bite and my first thought was that I just have to try these out at home. So I went home, looked up a recipe online and considering I had never worked with dough before, they were pretty simple to make and so delicious.However, I now use the Cooks Illustrated Ultimate Cinnamon Buns recipe which is a much better and fool proof recipe compared to the earlier one I used. The recipe can also be found in Cook's Illustrated Holiday Baking.

I know it looks hard, but its really a matter of kneading the dough then rolling it out; sprinkling butter, brown sugar and cinnamon on the rolled out dough then wrapping it into a cylinder and then just baking it in the oven.

On a later note, I did FINALLY try the "Cinnabon" Cinnamon rolls, and I was unfortunately disappointed. I mean, not that the rolls tasted bad, they just didn't measure upto my expectations. They smelled amazing, they looked really really good BUT in terms of taste, they tasted more or less like what I make at home with the price differential between home and outside food being so high in this case that it was not worth it. So yeah, my expectations for Cinnabon didn't measure up and based on that, even if Cinnabon comes to Karachi, I would still prefer having Cinnamon rolls at home :).

Labels:

7 Comments:

At February 16, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Marva Raiyan said...

I Love the picture! it's so cinnabonny and yummie! is the result softish? You can sprinkle almonds and nuts on top too right? and are they available anywhere else besides Dunkin in Khi?

 
At February 16, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

A warm Cinnabon with a cup of Mochachinno..perfect combo for a lazy holiday!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Nemo said...

Wow! They look so professional, I almost thought the picture was from a baking book. Will definitely try these at home. They give a good break from all the chocolate stuff. Would you by any chance be sharing an awesome brownie recipe. I am on the look-out for a tried and tested recipe. Will be watching this space for one :)

 
At February 16, 2011 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

@Marty .. Yes, the result is really soft, you can even make simple dinner rolls with the dough .. and yes, you can definitely sprinkle almonds and nuts on top .. i think i'm going to try that with caramel filling next time :) .. and they are available at Espresso and i think Le Grand in Karachi though i haven't tried them myself ..

@Huma .. The holiday's almost over but Mochachinno coming up the next time i make these ..

@Nemo .. Thank you and i totally agree .. I have two brownie recipes lined up for the weekend :) .. so just keep on checking this space for recipes ..

 
At February 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

yum yummmmmmmmmm..looks greatt..i shud definitely give it a try

 
At February 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM , Anonymous Minxy said...

another great receipe.. I like how u giv desi names for ingredients for dodo cooks like me :p btw iv not tried the cinnebon cinemon rolls bt iv seen them and i can tell u uts look wayyy better!!! :) u know u shd give lessons to aspiring chefs.. great receipes and so diff and nice

 
At July 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm impressed Lisa! love ur blog :) and the food pics are great, esp the pizza! yummmm.

best of luck,

binte

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home